Friday, December 12, 2008

Two Peas In A Pod


This is my latest favorite photo of my boys. It captures the true essence of this mischievous duo, and gives you a good idea of what it's like for me to live with these two on a daily basis. Separately, they are each a force to be reckoned with, but when they put their super-powers together, there are days when I am just no match. I was trying to figure out how best to describe them and began looking through the thesaurus for just the right words and phrases. Let me throw out a few of the most descriptive, and I think you'll understand what I'm dealing with here. When I'm in a light-hearted, easy-going frame of mind, the following terms apply:
pranksters
fun-loving
playful
nutty
humorous
cute
roguish
entertaining
rascally
goofy
spriteful
sportive
kooky
teasing
But when I'm trying to get something done, speak to someone on the phone, am pressed for time or have something semi-serious to deal with and they are running around wreaking havoc, I sometimes have a hard time dealing with the fact that they both seem to have been born without that built-in sensor that should be telling them "NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR THIS." At those moments, I would generally describe them and their nonsense as follows:
troublesome
vexatious
asinine
exasperating
petty annoyance
absurd
naughty
frustrating
Still, no matter how frustrated I get, I find those crazy goons pretty hard to resist. They know it too and always use it to their advantage. As I said, I am no match. Those blue eyes are my kryptonite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture! They look exactly alike!

Anonymous said...

You have a couple good looking boys there!